If you want to purchase a game for Xbox One without needing to add your credit card, Microsoft has an easy solution for you.
All you need to do is get a gift card with the value of $10 to $100 with a scratch layer back and a 25-digit code. This code you will use in an online store to purchase the game. The question is how to redeem these codes. The process can be done on Windows 10, an app, Xbox itself, etc.
So, let’s go through each of these ways and see what suits you the best.
Table of Contents
How to redeem a code on Xbox
We’d like to show you few easy steps to redeem your code directly on Xbox One.
Note: The steps may vary depending on the OS version.
- Take controller and press the Xbox button
- Choose Store from the Menu or the Home screen
- Expand the Store menu and choose Redeem Code
- Enter the code exactly as you see it
- Tap on Next and follow the steps until the code is redeemed.
That would be it. You redeemed the code and got your game. Enjoy!
How to redeem a code on Windows 10 – Microsoft Store
Redeeming the code is probably the fastest and the easiest using Microsoft Store on Windows 10. Follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Start button and find Microsoft Store (alternatively, type Store in the search button)
- Tap on three dots in the top right corner of the app
- Select Redeem a Code
- Type 25-digit code you’ve got
- Click Next and follow further steps to redeem the code
That’s it. Enjoy your gaming.
How to redeem a code on Windows 10 – Xbox Console Companion app
So far, Microsoft has been trying to introduce us to the new Xbox App. However, this app is pretty much useless since, for example, you cannot redeem your code there. That’s why we will stick to something more familiar and functioning – Xbox Console Companion App. Follow the steps below to redeem your code in this particular app.
- Choose Xbox Console Companion from the Start Menu
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the Microsoft Store logo, tap on it
- Choose Redeem a Code
- Enter your 25-digit code without hyphens and press enter
- Click Next and follow the steps until redeem is completed
Again, a simple one, right?
How to redeem a code using an Internet browser
Another way to redeem a code on your PC is by using an Internet browser.
- Open your browser and search for www.redeem.microsoft.com
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and enter a 25-digit code
- Tap on Next and follow the steps until your code is redeemed.
How to redeem a code on your mobile phone
Luckily, there is an option to redeem a code for your Xbox via phone as well. If you are one of those gamers that prefer a console over a PC and don’t even own one, it’s perfectly fine. You can use your mobile device to redeem a code and enjoy your game. Here is how.
- Open Xbox Mobile App
- Click on three lines in the top left corner (Menu)
- Click on Browse
- Then choose to Redeem a Code
- Enter your 25-digit code without hyphens
- Click Next and do as prompted until the process is completed
Now, you have successfully redeemed your code, and you’re set to play.
Note: These steps are valid for any Android phone or iPhone, tablet, and iPad device. Now you have all of the options in front of you. Good luck and pick a good game!